Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Women

I know this one is going to get me into trouble but i really don't understand some things and i would like to vent about my ignorance more then anything. I know there is no explanation that a man can comprehend.



No body appreciates a clean house more then i do but i think there is a point when something can be too clean. I don't understand why we need to clean Sooo much. I mean dishes and clothes i see the point. But i don't see the point of having the 2 inches behind the toilet sanitized every week, or all the hard surface floors (tile and wood) scrubbed every week or more. Especially because you wont let me eat off the floor!!!



I have never seen the point to spending hours a day on something that by design we will undo in a short period of time. Making the bed is ok if that means making sure the sheets are not on the floor. If that mean tucking in the corners and making sure there are no wrinkles and that one pillow is under the sheet and the decorative pillow is on top of the sheet... That is a waste of time. Making sure the floors are not sticky or acting as a petri dish for my kids to watch is important, but our floors and toilets are cleaner then the surgical instruments in the hospitals of Mexico.

My two year olds room is always cleaner then most houses i go into. I expect my two year olds room to be a tornado, if i can walk to her bed and closet without stubbing my toe or breaking a doll i think we are good. Then organize it maybe once a week.

I does get a little frustrating when i clean something and then i am told that what i did was not even close to an acceptable level of clean. Why?? is the earth going to change it's rotation? Are the walls going to fall down faster if the house is a little unorganized?? maybe and we just don't know about it.

I just think if, other then dishes and laundry, we spent a max of 2 hours cleaning a week (I even think that is too much) and spent all that extra time doing things that lasted more then 15 minutes we would all be a lot happier. We could spend more time with our kids, we could get a lot more of the big projects done, we would not be so stressed out all the time. Vacuum the carpet again or go plant a garden?? Kill 99.99% of the germs in our bathroom that could grow in 6 days or go to the park, or plant some flowers, or paint the bathroom. Again maybe i am wrong.

Well that is my rant that i am sure will get me a free ticket to the couch for a while... But if anyone would like to explain it to me that would be great.

8 comments:

Garret said...

Oh, and by no means am i saying that all my time is spent productivily... Although Call of Duty 4 is a great stress reliever. :)

Noah and Amanda said...

Noah doesn't understand why we have to clean the house everyday BUT if you guys want your house looking like a college dorm room then trust us girls:)

Steffanie said...

Just so you know, there are "ranges" of clean. I feel like my house is clean, but cluttered. It was WAY more cluttered when the kids were younger. About the toilets, when Micah starts to use it, you will know why the WHOLE bathroom has to be cloroxed! My absent minded professor (I won't mention Spencer's name) STILL misses occasionally. Boys also don't see a problem with dropping their toothbrushes on the floor and then still using them. Thats why I clorox quite frequently! (and they may fall on the part of the floor behind the toilet!) I totally agree with you on the bed making though! That's the one thing I rarely do well.

Danielle said...

That is why I have someone come to help every other week. I work one nursing shift a month and that pays for her to come twice and she sanitizes everything. And I was toothbrushes. To help with this though here is a great story. Zach was brushing his teeth one day and he put it into the toilet to rinse it. Reid freaked and took it from him and told him how gross that was and now it had to be sanitized in the dishwasher. Zach then asked for Reid's toothbrush out of Reid's mouth. When Reid asked why he said that he had done the same thing with his a few days before. Reid threw his away. You will be happy to know that Zach was 5.

The MacArthurs said...

What brought this on???? I do most of my cleaning while you are at work?

Meghan said...

I was wondering if you just were in the mood for a fight? If you really think this is just women who like the house clean, you are wrong, it's just the women who usually end up cleaning it. But since you asked why, it is mostly because of kids and germs. I don't like sick kids and I certainly don't want it to be their living environment that made them that way.

Garret said...

I think some people are misunderstanding what i said or ment to say. I said that i love a clean house, but i think there is a difference in a clean organized house and hospital level of clean. Just like i think having a car is great and a nessesity today, but a Ferrari is a little excessive. I think most women want and think they need the Farrari level of clean or they are not being a good mother/wife. That is what i dont understand.

Rachel said...

Well sometimes you have a husband who can't stand for things to not be clean and then you become OCD about it after a while because of him. (I am talking about my husband) He sees how some of his family lives and gets freaked out by it. But by no means is my house a hospital level of clean. I think that folding clothes and vaccuming are my biggest hardships. So sometimes the laundry stays in the basket until the next week when I do another load of laundry. But on the other hand my kitchen is sanitized everyday. So we have a goods and our bads usually.